Asynchronous USB-to-I2S interface overview
WaveIO card is a high performance USB-to-I2S bridge especially designed for asynchronous audio streaming between any computer equipped with an USB port and virtually any digital audio device or equipment compatible with I2S or SPDIF interfaces. Combined with a suitable music player program, this board will offer 32 bit-perfect playback at any rates from 44.1 kHz up to 384 kHz thanks to proprietary drivers which allow for ASIO, Kernel Streaming and WASAPI operation, bypassing the Windows mixer for sublime audio quality.
Two high-precision oscillators source very accurate clock signals for driving bit-transparent operations whether it’s powered from USB port or using 5Vdc external PSU. The 4-layer PCB with dedicated power and ground planes along with six ultra-low noise linear voltage regulators and high quality capacitor networks maintain the whole system noise at minimum preserving the digital audio signals’ integrity for lowest jitter performance. I2S outputs are galvanically isolated using Giant Magneto-Resistive digital isolators (GMR) avoiding noise propagation to the receiver.
Asynchronous USB interface:
- USB Audio Class 2 compatible
- Low latency (sub 3µs in the best case)
- 16 to 32 Bit-transparent reproduction
- 44.1 to 384 kHz standard sample rates supported
- Built with XMOS processor running @ 500 MIPS
- No drivers needed for MAC OS version 10.6.4 and above
- No drivers instalation required for Linux with UAC2 compliant kernel
- ASIO/KS/WASAPI/Direct Sound drivers for Windows XP to 8 (32 and 64 bit)
- Fully featured Thesycon driver package (without 30 min. periodic beeps)
- Latest version of Windows drivers can be downloaded from here.
USB and digital audio outputs:
- On board gold plated USB-B connector
- 5 pin header for off-board USB socket.
- Isolated I2S port using Giant Magneto Resistive (GMR) isolators
- Non-isolated I2S port by means of 6GHz U.FL mini BNC sockets
- 75R isolated and non-isolated SPDIF outputs
- all I2S/SPDIF outputs are working in parallel
User interface and signaling:
- LEDs for sample rate display (44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8 and 384 kHz),
- “Host Active” signal available when card is plugged in and recognized by the host
- “Audio Stream” output is enabled when there’s streaming over USB Bus
- Green power-on LED
Hardware and layout:
- 4-layer gold-plated PCB with 1/2/2/1 oz copper thickness
- careful routed PCB layout to preserve signal’s integrity
- Seven linear low-noise, LDO voltage regulators
- Three LP5900 LDOs (6.5µVrms) powers the oscillators & surrounding logic
- High quality parts including OsCON SVP & NPO/COG caps
- Two ultra-low phase noise japanese made oscillators (NDK)
100% Manually Assembled and Tested
Downloads & Infos
Drivers for Windows XP to 8 (32 and 64 bit):
- WaveIO drivers (v 2.23.0) – Latest version available
- WaveIO drivers (v 2.19.0)
- WaveIO drivers (v 2.15.0)
- WaveIO drivers (v 1.67.0)
- WaveIO drivers (v 1.63.0)
- WaveIO drivers (v 1.56.1)
- WaveIO drivers (v 1.56.0)
- WaveIO drivers (v 1.22.0)
Firmware image files used with DFU feature:
- 32Bit/384KHz support – for WaveIOs with RevisionID 0×0331 or higher
- WaveIO board have the price of 99 € without shipping and Paypal fees.
- We accept PayPal and bank transfer payments (for latest option please contact us for bank account details)
- Dispatch time is up to 3 weeks from the moment you placed the order, sometimes higher if some parts used in WaveIO’s assembly process are missing from distributor’s stocks.
- Please contact us for multiple order quotations (> 5 boards) and you will get an answer as soon as possible.